The Enlight Foundation Assistant Coach for Stanford Men’s Golf
Job Code: 1417
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 126 NCAA championship titles, completed an unprecedented sweep of both the men’s and women’s Capital One Cups, and have brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Assistant Coach would assist the Director of Men’s Golf in the administration of all aspects of the men’s golf program and shall include but is not limited to the following:
- Assistance in coordination of daily operational schedule
- Recruiting correspondence, plan, and forecasts
- Mailing, calling, and/or e-mailing all necessary recruit correspondence
- Assisting with the hosting of men’s intercollegiate tournaments
- Assisting with fundraising event management
- Developing / maintaining database needs for alumni relations and recruiting
- Assisting with maintaining and management of varsity practice facility
- Management of all team equipment and apparel
- On course / tournament coaching
- Workout and practice supervision
- Assisting with team travel arrangements
- Student athlete mentoring and monitoring
- Attention to all NCAA compliance, and budgeting issues
- Leadership at the Stanford Golf Camps
- BA or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Knowledge and experience with of high level competitive junior, amateur, and professional golf
- Ethical conduct
- Passion for Stanford Men’s Golf and its quest to develop leaders and champions
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Trackman, Sam Putt Lab, TPI, ACS Software
For more information please contact:
The Knowles Family Director of Men’s Golf
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for assuring that his/her involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit careersearch.stanford.edu.