Seven Luxury Mountain and Lake Communities, Seven Experiences, Unlimited Opportunities…
At The Cliffs our common purpose is to inspire happiness with our members. The Cliffs is a collection of seven premier private, luxury residential mountain and lake club communities located in the Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains, between the nation’s top award-winning cities for quality of life — Greenville, S.C., Clemson, S.C. and Asheville, N.C. The Cliffs’ suite of amenities for members includes seven clubs and nationally-ranked golf courses, wellness centers, boating, watersports, a marina, beach club, cycling, paddle sports, tennis complexes, equestrian center, hiking trails, wakeboarding, wine clubs, more than a dozen restaurant and private event venues, an organic farm and over 2,000 year-round programs and social activities to create timeless experiences. Homes at The Cliffs range in price from $350,000 to $6 million+; homesites, from $125,000 to $1million+.
A career with The Cliffs will be a rewarding experience. A position with our company is an opportunity to be a part of a fun, innovative, successful, growing team where no two days are alike, and we work collaboratively for continuous improvement. We offer you a chance to build a successful career, make a difference and have fun.
ASSISTANT GOLF PROFESSIONAL
- Assist the Head Golf Professional in all facets of the golf operations to include golf shop merchandising, tournament operations, instruction and member-relations.
- Plan, promote and assist in directing all golf activities.
- Assist in reserving tee times, starting, and monitoring of play.
- Assist in overseeing the administration of the handicap & tournament programs.
- Assist in managing and executing member instruction programs.
- Provide golf lessons and conduct golf clinics for members.
- Welcome and greet/meet members, guests and Discovery Guest.
- Play golf with male and female members of all skill levels.
- Oversee and manage an organized and orderly practice facility.
- Assist members with merchandise and equipment needs and share product knowledge with staff.
- Represent the club in area professional events including local, state, or national events with the approval of the Head Golf Professional.
- Operate, lead and manage the golf operations in absence of the Head Golf Professional and/or 1st Assistant Golf Professional.
- Assist in the ordering & receiving of goods and monthly physical inventories.
- Undertake any special projects as assigned by the Head Golf Professional.
- Manage locker room & golf shop supplies within an annual budget.
- Manage Men’s & Ladies lockers and bag storage and maintain these areas
- Assist in the selection and hiring, provide training, as well as make recommendations for termination for hourly golf staff.
- Participate in Golf Operations training standards including orientation and company-wide training actions and inspections
- Golf shop experience as well as golf instruction and tournament operations experience at a private or resort facility preferred
- College degree preferred and a registered Level 2 apprentice in the PGA Professional Golf Management program
- Proficient in computer applications including Word, Excel, POS and inventory control systems, tournament programs, and Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent communication/relational skills, an outgoing personality, professional appearance, and passion and enthusiasm for the business
- Calligraphy and tournament scoreboard skills preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach overhead, and lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to withstand a range of outside weather conditions (heat/cold, rain/snow, etc.)
- Ability to withstand prolonged exposure to sunlight
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.