Website Moonlight Basin
Full Job Description
There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000 acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
Assistant Golf Professionals are highly skilled individuals with a passion for the game of golf and a detailed focus on the member and guest experience. The Assistant Professional will report directly to, and work closely with, the Head Golf Professional. The position will assist with the daily golf operations including managing and tracking play, protecting and controlling assets, assisting with all merchandise functions, managing tournaments, supervising outside staff and providing other professional services to ensure an exceptional golf experience. Assistants will be responsible for implementing solid business strategies and efficiencies to guide the operation in a successful direction.
- Supervise and manage the total golf operation in a professional and efficient manner in the absence of the Head Golf Professional.
- Coach, train and practice an exceptional guest service culture.
- Conduct staff meetings to properly train, develop and motivate all staff members.
- Council and discipline all staff in accordance with the company policy and procedures.
- Responsible for ordering, selling, straightening, cleaning, stocking, end of month inventories, sales reports and receiving of all golf merchandise inventory for the golf shop.
- Responsible to oversee the day-to-day operations of the golf shop staff, and the execution of all policies and procedures instituted by the Head Golf Professional.
- Create policies and distribute information to the staff, to ensure all staff members are consistent with dispensing such information to our guests.
- Responsible for creating a weekly schedule and overseeing the daily staffing levels to ensure proper labor needs are scheduled for the forecasted number of rounds.
- Oversee the club rental program, inventory, cleaning and repair of clubs.
- Oversee the range operations, delegating daily operation responsibilities, inventory, etc.
- Providing private instruction, group clinics and playing lessons.
- Continually elevate standards of service to exceed the guests’ expectations.
- Maintain a professional image and appearance at all times.
- Maintain proficient playing ability as established by the Head Golf Professional and PGA of America.
- Be informed on and promote all club activities and services.
- Must be well groomed and adhere to dress code/uniform and personal appearance standards defined in the associate handbook.
- Must be friendly and outgoing with a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work alone during certain parts of the day.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and possible overtime.
- Attendance/ Punctuality and Dependability: Depended upon to report to work at the scheduled time, is seldom absent from work, and keeps unplanned absences to a minimum. Employee follows company policy of reporting/planning absences and going through the correct channels to request time off. Completes work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner, is conscientious about assignments and deadlines.
- Normal Work Schedule: Flexible to accommodate 5, 8-hour work days or another variation of 40 hours/ week with extensive
To apply for this job please visit www.moonlightbasin.com.