Website Westchester Country Club Headquarters
This position is responsible for working with all golf operations employees, creating and running exceptional golf program for the members and guests of Westchester Country Club.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist the Director of Golf and all golf staff employees with managing and overseeing all elements of the Club’s golf-related activates resulting in an exceptional overall golf experience for members and their guests.
- Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf, golf operation management and golf instruction.
- Adept and well versed in tournament software (TPP, Eventman, Golf Genius), Jonas POS software, USGA Ghin system and Office programs (Excel, Word, Publisher).
- Works directly with the Director of Golf and Golf Shop Manager to maintain a first class golf shop.
- Daily opening and closing responsibilities in the golf shop
- Approximately 40-55 hours per week
- Play with members on a routine basis while not on shift
- Maintain the appearance of the range to keep it clean and organized
- Pick, clean and bag practice balls.
- Set up and break down range equipment on a daily basis.
- Work with the instructors to ensure that lesson bags get to the range in a timely manner.
- Work directly with the Caddie Master, Assistant Caddie Master and other Professional staff to ensure the transportation of golf bags to and from the range is done timely and effectively.
- Maintain the appearance of the bag room to keep it clean and organized
- Storing clubs in the correct pre assigned member slot
- Work directly with the Caddie Master, Assistant Caddie Master and other Professional staff to ensure the staging area is set in the most professional manner.
- Directly responsible to ensure individuals using the range are members or guests of members.
- Ensure the Learning center is stocked with golf balls and equipment and kept clean.
- Demo and fitting clubs are monitored, cleaned and moved in/out of the Learning center as directed by the Director of Instruction, Director of Golf and Instructors.
- Participate in professional tournaments and pro – ams .
- Possess a personality trait that will make members feel welcome.
- Maintain professional expertise through related courses and learning opportunities.
- Be a role model for all employees by demonstrating the behavior and work ethic expected of all employees.
- Self-motivated with desire to promote the golf program
- Maintain a high level of visibility and interaction with both Members and Guests.
- Promote and support all golf activities at Westchester Country Club
The above list of essential job functions describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by Director of Golf.
- Provide welcoming environment for members
- Provide expert level of professionalism for members and their guests
- Education: Stay up to date and current on all golf related programs. Expected to attend education opportunities to improve yourself.
- Develop communication and marketing plans for the golf program.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential functions of this position.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree Preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Computer literacy. Competent with technology involved in the golf operation.
Language and Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate in a professional and courteous way with members and staff
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, POS programs, and handicap software.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and service skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
Physical, sensory and motor demands:
Ability to be on feet for up to 8 hours per day
Ability to lift boxes, golf bags and basket of golf balls
To apply for this job please visit 914.967.6000.