- Full Time
- New York, NY
Chelsea Piers LP
Full Job Description
The Golf Club at Chelsea Piers is Manhattan’s only multi-tiered, year-round outdoor driving range. The range consists of 52 heated and weather-protected hitting stalls on 4 different levels. The Chelsea Piers Golf Academy offers a high-tech, 2,000-square-foot indoor training center. The state-of-the-art Academy features hitting stalls, a practice sand bunker, an indoor putting green and chipping area, digital swing analysis, and two full swing simulators.
- Minimum 5-7 years as a Golf Professional
- Considerable experience in conducting golf clinics and lessons for men, women, and juniors
- Be proficient with golf technologies (video analysis, launch monitors, Kvest, and others)
- Knowledge of club fitting and repairs a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Enjoy working in an active, team environment
- Able to commit to 5 days a week, including weekends
- Adhere to current health and safety COVID protocols
- Create and enhance relationships between Golf Club patrons and Chelsea Piers
- Teach private lessons, group lessons, and schools
- Conduct clinics in accordance with established lesson plans and approved golf instruction methods and techniques
- Assist with Junior programs, summer camp, and special events, as assigned
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Golf Academy Manager and Head Professional
Chelsea Piers is a truly incredible place to work! Here is an overview of some of the benefits full-time employees enjoy:
Medical and Dental Benefits – As an valued member of the Chelsea Piers team, you will be eligible for Chelsea Piers’ robust health and dental insurance plans through UnitedHealthcare and Empire BlueCross BlueShield.
Paid Time Off – Chelsea Piers supports a healthy work/life balance. After sixty (60) days of employment, you will be eligible for fifteen (15) days of paid vacation (prorated in your first year of employment). After five (5) years of service, you will be eligible for twenty (20) paid vacation days per year.
Safe/Sick Time – Chelsea Piers will provide you with 1 (one) hour of safe/sick time for every 30 hours worked, up to a maximum accrual of forty (40) hours per calendar year.
401(k) Savings and Retirement Plan – Chelsea Piers wants to support your saving goals. After six months of service, you will be eligible to enroll in Chelsea Piers’ 401(k) program. Chelsea Piers will match 8% of your investment up to a maximum of $2,500 per year.
Complimentary Access to Chelsea Piers Fitness – Chelsea – Your health and wellness are important to us. You will receive a complimentary membership to our renowned health club, Chelsea Piers Fitness – Chelsea. We will also provide spouses and domestic partners of full-time employees with membership at 50% off the current rate.
Tuition Assistance – Chelsea Piers supports employees’ continuing education. After one (1) year of full-time service, you will be eligible to receive tuition assistance paid by Chelsea Piers in the amount of $750 annually for your first five (5) years of full-time employment and $1,500 annually after five (5) years of full-time employment. The education, instruction, or training must be job-related and/or or have the potential to strengthen your skills/knowledge and enhance your performance.
TransitChek Program – You will be eligible to participate in the TransitChek program, which allows for the pre-tax purchase of MetroCards or TransitChek debit cards that are used to purchase commuting tickets and passes from transit operators throughout the metropolitan area.
Employee Referral Program – We encourage our employees to refer their qualified family and friends to work at Chelsea Piers. For any referral who is hired and stays at Chelsea Piers a minimum of sixty (60) days, you will receive a referral bonus of $500 for full-time hires (minimum 35 hours per week) and $250 for part-time/non-seasonal hires (minimum twenty (20) hours per week).
Upon your start date, you will also receive an Employee Venue Usage sheet detailing other exciting employee perks and discounts provided throughout the complex.
Chelsea Piers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com