Website University of Texas at El Paso
Summary: Administer all aspects of a successful NCAA Division I men’s golf program. Demonstrate high personal and professional standards. Contribute to the development of a work environment based on trust, respect, and dignity. Abide by the Code of Ethics of The University of Texas at El Paso and The University of Texas System. Practice sound work habits as they relate to internal control responsibilities.
Please Note: Appointment is full-time (12) months
Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
- The ability to develop a comprehensive intercollegiate men’s golf program focused on competitive excellence, academic achievement and the development of leaders.
- Develop and sustain a competitive program consistent with the department’s vision.
- Assemble a highly competitive team through necessary scouting and recruiting of student-athletes.
- Prepare and organize practice sessions to enhance team’s performance.
- Assist in the designing of offseason workouts for student-athletes.
- Work with the department’s strength and conditioning staff as well as sports medicine team to draft necessary training and conditioning programs.
- Handle all aspects related to scheduling, competitions and tournaments, including travel.
- Actively oversee play during practice sessions, pre-tournament preparation and on the course during competition.
- Provide necessary mentorship and guidance for team members, focused on personal growth and betterment.
- Dedication to professional conduct and positive sportsmanship while serving as a role model.
- Passion for the health, safety, treatment and general welfare of student-athletes.
- Ensure student-athletes maintain high integrity at all times, following team rules and University and department’s student-athlete codes of conduct.
- Supervise academic progress of student-athletes in relation to class attendance, study hall and tutoring, graduation and grade point averages.
- Operate the men’s golf program in compliance with University, NCAA and C-USA rules and regulations.
- Oversee and administer the men’s golf program budget, following University purchasing and Athletics Business Office procedures.
- Supervise the selection of uniforms, equipment and supplies.
- Create and carry out an annual fundraising plan.
- Participate in the public relations and promotion of the men’s golf program including collaborating with the department’s external operations team.
- Maintain visibility in the community through attendance at various campus events, community activities and department functions.
- Utilize social media platforms and channels to promote the program and generate interest.
- Have an active role within the larger athletics department, helping with overall initiatives and objectives.
- Hire and supervise staff as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum five years of coaching experience, preferably at the NCAA Division I level.
Preferred Qualifications Head coaching experience preferred.
College and professional playing experience preferred.
Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to very loud.
UTEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates may apply by visiting www.utep.edu/employment
To apply for this job please visit zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu.