Kenston High School
Kenston High School, a top public school system located in the Auburn-Bainbridge area is hiring for the position of junior varsity head coach for its girls golf program. Coach will also serve as an assistant to the varsity program report to the varsity head coach. Program is supported by an excellent youth level organization and highly involved booster club organization.
Applicants with prior playing and coaching experience, particularly at the high school level, are preferred but all applications are welcomed. Successful applicants must be able to supervise competition and practice during after school hours as well as on weekends. At time of hire, must possess a Pupil Activity Permit, pass a BCI/FBI background check and meet all other requirements of the OHSAA and Ohio Board of Education.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES
· Possesses previous successful coaching or playing experience
· Serves as an appropriate role model and disciplinarian for student-athletes through instructions and actions
· Instructs student-athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize individual and team success
· Instructs and demonstrates behaviors that lead to character development, self-discipline, self-confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student-athletes
· Exhibits excellent sportsmanship
· Emphasizes the importance of academic success
· Follows all policies and procedures of the school district and athletic department
· Follows the proper administrative chain of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels
· Provides organization of parents, coaches, players and guests for team meetings and other functions
· Operates appropriately in matters related to public relations and maintains appropriate communication with news media, boosters, parents, officials, and members of the community
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director as it relates to the sport program
· Must be available to work nights and weekends
· Must possess or have the capacity to obtain all relevant licenses and certificates to serve as a coach in the State of Ohio
Interested parties should contact the Athletic Director immediately and send a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references who may attest to the candidate’s coaching ability to Reid Guarnieri at reid.guarnieri @ kenstonapps.org. Applications will be reviewed immediately and until position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit %20kenstonapps.org.