Nehoiden Golf Club at Wellesley College (NGC)
Working Hours: 20-25 hours per week during the peak 2020 Massachusetts golf season, as required (start date flexible based on availability)
Position Summary: Nehoiden Golf Club, located in Wellesley MA (10 miles west of Boston) seeks an Assistant Golf Professional. The Assistant Pro works with the Director of Golf in development, management and instruction of the Nehoiden Junior Golf Program. In addition, the Assistant Pro will support the development and management of facility event operations including weekly and specialty tournaments and corporate outings. The Assistant Pro will also have the opportunity to earn additional income through private lessons and clinics. We offer a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to gain exposure in all areas of the golf industry: Instruction for both Juniors and Adults, Merchandising, Golf Course Operations, Tournament/Outing Operations, and Marketing.
- Assist Director of Golf in development of, management of and instruction for the Nehoiden Junior Golf program
- Participate in management of all golf course operations: golf academy, golf shop, driving range, first tee/starters
- Serve as instructor in Nehoiden clinics
- Opportunity to develop private lesson clientele among members and non-members through individual lessons and group clinics
- Assist in development of member events, tournaments and corporate outings
- Participate in all aspects of Nehoiden merchandising
- Support member and customer relations, adhering to service standards established by NGC
Other duties, as assigned Experience and Qualifications:
- Current membership in the USGTF, PGA, LPGA or PGM Program required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid computer skills
- Team player with excellent problem-solving skills
- One season of experience in the golf industry preferred
- Valid driver’s license Compensation: · $17/hour, plus opportunity for additional income from private lessons, clinic and junior golf · Annual Professional Development Stipend
- Housing options at Wellesley College adjacent to Nehoiden GC during summer months
- Assistance with PGA/LPGA dues · Easy access to Boston by train This job description includes, but is not limited to, the duties and responsibilities noted above. The essential functions of this job description are not exhaustive and may be supplemented. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to apply.
- Applications should include cover letter and resume. Nehoiden Golf Club is owned and operated by Wellesley College, a private women’s liberal arts college located in suburban Boston, Massachusetts. The private nine-hole club offers member play, lesson opportunities for both members and the public, and programming aimed at the development of women and juniors throughout the season. Nehoiden Golf Club was recently named one of the “Finest Nines” in North America; we are an Official US Kids site and an Official Girls Golf site.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com