The Nation’s Largest Organization of Certified Golf Teaching Professionals
The United States Golf Teachers Federation® trains and certifies golf teaching professionals. Established in 1989, it is the largest national organization of certified golf teaching professionals in the world.
The USGTF educational theme is that of progressive learning. We incorporate three levels of certification for the golf teaching professional. You may select one of the first two levels of certification in order to progress comfortably at your own pace (the third level is reserved for fully-certified USGTF members). We offer an online option (Associate Member) or a five-day onsite option (Certified Golf Teaching Professional®).
This online course qualifies you to effectively teach beginning to intermediate golfers. One of the advantages of taking the online course is that it allows you the opportunity to review and understand the information at your own pace. During the course, you will learn all aspects of teaching the game including the full swing, faults and cures, short game, rules of golf, ball flight laws, golf psychology, clubfitting, video analysis and marketing techniques.
At the five-day on-site USGTF Certified Golf Teaching Professional® course, you will learn all aspects of teaching the game including the full swing, faults and cures, short game, rules of golf, ball flight laws, golf psychology, clubfitting, video analysis and marketing techniques. Certified Golf Teaching Professionals will be able to effectively teach all phases of the game, from beginning to advanced players.
A USGTF Master Golf Teaching Professional® certification is the highest level of attainment in the golf teaching industry. Master Golf Teaching Professionals have demonstrated a teaching acumen and ability of the highest order. All USGTF members who have been a Certified Golf Teaching Professional® for a minimum of twelve months may become a Master Golf Teaching Professional.
Golf Teaching Pro
Golf Teaching Pro is a professional magazine that keeps the members of the United States Golf Teachers Federation informed on the latest up-to-date teaching methodology, member benefits, tournament information and ongoing education. It is the official international member publication of the World Golf Teachers Federation and is distributed to all member nations and translated into many languages.
The publication circulation exceeds 25,000 each issue. For information on advertising, please click here.
- Positive Thinking At Work: Not Being A “Glass Half-Fool”
- NEW Rules: What’s Working, What’s Not
- Clubfitting Tweaks That Work
- What All Teaching Pros Need To Know
- News From China
- Golf In Korea
- 1994-2019…Celebrating 25 Years!
- Harman Back On Top In Southeast
- Abraham’s Team Wins League Title, Tournament
- Golden Repeats As Southwest Regional Champion
- Learning Golf Should Mirror Skiing
- The New Major Championship Schedule
- Daily Junior Golf Clinics: Discover These New All-The-Rage Tactics To Teach Golf To Kids
- Something I Rarely Hear From Golf Instructors
- Four Techniques To Keep Kids Interested When Teaching Golf Basics
- Sun Protection – It’s Not Too Late To Start
- Do I Need A Website As A Certified Golf Teaching Professional®?
- There Is No One Exact Method For Teaching Golf
- What’s Your GPA?…And The Myth Of Modern Technology
- As a Certified Golf Teaching Professional® Which Social Platform should I use?
The USGTF is pleased to have several company affiliations that offer discounts and services to our members. One of which is Bridgestone Golf. Bridgestone offers 25% below wholesale on all of their products to USGTF members for personal use. Full of easily accessible features, these bags are perfect for use in either a golf cart or a push cart.
14-way divider top
9 easily accessible zippered pockets, including valuables pocket and cooler pocket
Magnetic electronics pocket
Outer ball & tee holder
Weighs less than 6 lbs.
Rain hood included