The Nation’s Largest Organization of Certified Golf Teaching Professionals
The United States Golf Teachers Federation® trains and certifies golf teaching professionals. Established in 1989, it is the largest national organization of certified golf teaching professionals in the world.
The USGTF educational theme is that of progressive learning. We incorporate three levels of certification for the golf teaching professional. You may select one of the first two levels of certification in order to progress comfortably at your own pace (the third level is reserved for fully-certified USGTF members). We offer an online option (Associate Member) or a five-day onsite option (Certified Golf Teaching Professional®).
This online course qualifies you to effectively teach beginning to intermediate golfers. One of the advantages of taking the online course is that it allows you the opportunity to review and understand the information at your own pace. During the course, you will learn all aspects of teaching the game including the full swing, faults and cures, short game, rules of golf, ball flight laws, golf psychology, clubfitting, video analysis and marketing techniques.
At the five-day on-site USGTF Certified Golf Teaching Professional® course, you will learn all aspects of teaching the game including the full swing, faults and cures, short game, rules of golf, ball flight laws, golf psychology, clubfitting, video analysis and marketing techniques. Certified Golf Teaching Professionals will be able to effectively teach all phases of the game, from beginning to advanced players.
A USGTF Master Golf Teaching Professional® certification is the highest level of attainment in the golf teaching industry. Master Golf Teaching Professionals have demonstrated a teaching acumen and ability of the highest order. All USGTF members who have been a Certified Golf Teaching Professional® for a minimum of twelve months may become a Master Golf Teaching Professional.
Sharing Our Passion®
ONLINE Certification Courses
Upcoming Onsite Certification Courses
Las Vegas, NV – August 24-28
Hopewell Junction, NY – August 24-28
Princeton, NJ – September 7-11
Las Vegas, NV – September 7-11
Fort Pierce, FL – September 14-18
Houston, TX – September 14-18
Ellicottville, NY – September 21-25
• Personal use discounts with major golf manufacturers and industry partners
• Golf Teaching Pro® magazine – The Printed Voice of Golf Teaching Professionals
• Ongoing education
• International PGA Affiliation
• Worldwide Networking opportunities
• Logoed member merchandise
• Regional member tournaments
• US and World Golf Teachers Cup® events
The USGTF Provides The Profession of a Lifetime®
The USGTF’s certification course provides students with practical guidance skills and theories, as well as liberal arts and character training, through systematic golf theory training that golf leaders must equip through golf teaching methods and practical tests. In the golf industry sector, tour pros, instructors, journalists, golf commentators, professors, etc. are enabling key activities to lead the American golf industry in many areas.
- USGTF Logoed Face Masks to be Made Available…
- USGTF to Host First Masters Class After Covid-19 Shutdown
- Nike Member Benefit Review
- USGTF-Korea Virtual Education Certification Course a Success
- Manufacturers to Release New Clubs Soon
- “PRO” File – Touring Pro Max Homa
- Editorial – The Bryson DeChambeau Experiment
- Golf Instructor (Plano, TX)
- Golf Instructor (Peculiar, MO)
- Assistant Golf Professional (Hobe Sound, FL)
- After School Golf or Tennis Coach (New Rochelle, NY)
- Part Time Junior Instructor (Phoenix & Orlando)
- Golf Instructor (Lutz, FL)
- Assistant Golf Professional (Golf Canyon, AZ)
- Golf Instructor (Irvine, CA)
- Assistant Golf Professional (Rye, NY)
- Golf Shop Attendant (Plymouth, IN)
- JV Girls Golf Coach (Chagrin Falls, OH)
2021 Dates Coming Soon…..
The Revere Golf Club
Las Vegas, Nevada
Golf Teaching Pro
Golf Teaching Pro is a professional magazine that keeps the members of the United States Golf Teachers Federation informed on the latest up-to-date teaching methodology, member benefits, tournament information and ongoing education. It is the official international member publication of the World Golf Teachers Federation and is distributed to all member nations and translated into many languages.
The publication circulation exceeds 25,000 each issue. For information on advertising, please click here.
- Thoughts From Toski
- Time Management = Pupil Satisfaction = All Round Success
- Using Group Lessons to Grow a Teaching Business and The Game
- Must-Have Apps For All Golfers
- Good and Bad News
- Follow The Sun
- The Wisdom of Julius Richardson
- Daily Junior Golf Clinics: Discover These New All-the-Rage Tactics to Teach Golf to Kids
- Positive Thinking At Work: Not Being A “Glass Half-Fool”
- NEW Rules: What’s Working, What’s Not